AApplied Blockchain is an innovative application development company, focusing on distributed ledger technology and smart contracts.
Applied Blockchain has an expert team of blockchain developers that have been building cutting-edge solutions for disruptive startups and corporates clients in banking and finance, e-payments, energy trading, aviation, telecommunications and social impact sectors.
We are building a new generation of decentralised applications, working through some of the most interesting problems in this field such as KYC, identity management, transactions anonymity, encryption and data security.
This is a full-time, permanent, in-house position in our Porto office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop cutting edge software solutions for startups and corporate clients
- Engage with clients to understand their product vision and design proof-of-concept
and production grade products
- Develop smart contracts on solidity
- Liaise with frontend developers to build APIs for web and mobile
- Write automated tests for smart contracts and server side code
- Design and build large scale, high volume systems
Required skills & experience:
- 3+ years of backend development experience
- 1+ years of Node.js
- Experience in writing automated tests
- Experience with API design and implementation
- Experience with SQL and NoSql Databases
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Git knowledge (feature branches, github flow)
Additional desirable experience:
- Knowledge of ES6+/ES2015+ (new features, specifically: Promises, Async/Await and Generators)
- Experience in API development and best practices (testing, documenting, versioning, monitoring)
- Testing Frameworks (Jest, Mocha/Chai/Should.js)
- Docker experience (Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Cloud computing platforms: Azure, AWS (user roles / network configuration / VM deployment)
- Experience with EC2 APIs (S3, creating and configuring networks and VMs programmatically)
- Experience in React
- Blockchain knowledge – Bitcoin: bitcoin core software and rpc api, bitcoin js libraries, block explorer apis, op-return and timestamping. Ethereum: web3.js, setting up and running geth/parity nodes, solidity smart contracts, truffle.js
- HTML and CSS