Job type: Full-time
Experience level: 5+ years experience
Role: Cryptocurrency Wallet Design, Restful Microservices, Relational Databases,
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
We are passionate about building experiences that our customers love. Circle’s engineering team enables us to do that at scale, supporting customers all over the world and processing millions of transactions across multiple currencies in a reliable, secure and fast way. The Poloniex team is looking for software engineers that enjoy solving complex problems. We want to work with engineers that have a passion for their craft and care deeply about the experience of the users and operators of the systems they build.
An overview of the role:
The Crypto Wallets team interacts with many different cryptocurrencies and works on the cutting edge of blockchain technology. Crypto Wallets engineers assist researching and integrating new crypto assets and develop novel blockchain tools for our various trading and custodial products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Solve hard, open ended problems in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Become an expert in multiple cryptocurrency and blockchain platforms
- Work on critical infrastructure powering Circle’s products
- Build RESTful microservices on AWS cloud platforms using modern software delivery techniques including ECS and Docker
- Design and code new features for the Poloniex Cryptoasset Exchange
- Troubleshoot and fix code defects
- Be a member of a small agile software engineering team
- Coach and mentor other engineers
- Learn a lot, be challenged, and have fun
Required skills & experience:
- Be flexible and work on many facets of the system from database design, to asynchronous event based middleware, to front end modern HTML applications
- Be interested in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Design relational databases and have at least intermediate capability with SQL
- Build simple and elegant software solutions
- Work well as a team member on a close-knit team
- Have your own ideas and be open to others
- Be creative, curious, and learn fast
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world’s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world’s leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.