We are looking for someone with a passion for their craft, high energy levels and infectious enthusiasm to drive things forward. You need to be able to take ownership of the development process. We are building a team that will be instrumental in disrupting the Supply Chain industry and are looking for an individual that will grow with us and become a leader on the team.
While experience and skillsets are important, growth potential and attitudes are just as valuable.
If you want to grow rapidly in your career and with your team at Chainvu, consider applying. We recognize that the most innovative solutions require diversity in our ideas, thoughts, and experiences. Come join our awesome team in Downtown Toronto!
Read more about our culture and perks: https://www.chainvu.com/careers
On the Data Infrastructure Software Team, you will be a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with Django/Python skillset to build the next iteration of Chainvu’s web-based IoT services platform. You will be responsible for mapping out the architecture and tools for the system. You will design data structures, communication mechanisms, and security features. You will be responsible for sourcing and managing all Cloud services.
We are looking for someone with beginning-to-end building of complex web cloud applications, from consultation and branding to architecture, to website launch and maintenance. In a collaborative environment, design and lead implementation of a cloud-based multi-services, multi-user real-time environment. You should feel comfortable making high-impact decisions that other developers will live within the future: you design, develop and deploy cutting edge technology.
If your passion involves building impactful services and features that you can be proud of, while contributing to the growth and development of your colleagues and the company, hit apply!
- Design and create engaging customer user experiences.
- Participate in all aspects of the development cycle.
- Ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely.
- Evaluate and implement new systems and infrastructure.
- Coordinate and participate in quality control to ensure deliveries are met.
- An aptitude for learning new Technology quickly.
- Writing effective code which is stable, secure, scalable, and efficient.
- React JS or AngularJS .
- Front end design skills and/or experience with responsive web design
- Solid experience with a Python programming language (Django preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of Python 3
- Knowledge of best practices & patterns for large scale web applications
- Degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or equivalent degree or experience
- Minimum 5 years of writing web-based applications using Django and other web frameworks
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of core web technologies and principles, in particular secure web application development
- Experience doing full-stack development, and rich client-facing applications
- Developing large scale, distributed, web-based services
- Experience in implementing responsive web apps and working with a mobile-first approach
Assets (Nice to have)
- Backbone.js, Underscore.js experience
- Raspberry Pi experience
- Experienced with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Knowledge of Clean Code Practices/Methodology
- Solid knowledge of Relational Modeling
- Experience with AWS cloud services environment or equivalent
- Experience with PHP and PHP frameworks such as Yii
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Big Data frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark
- Exposure to blockchain principles and deployment on Hyperledger platform
To apply, please email your resume and portfolio to nhasan @chainvu.com
Imagine a world where tens of millions of smart sensors on pallets or in plastic containers, interact live with hundreds of thousands of gateways to ensure that food does not spoil. Imagine improving global food security while delivering improved profits for farmers, retailers, and intermediaries. Starting with blockchain-based orders, fully automated monitoring and reporting throughout the supply chain, through to blockchain smart contracts including product integrity. Chain vs is delivering on this.