Job type: Full-time
Experience level: 5+ years experience
Role: Platform Development, Leadership, Team Management
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Bakkt is building an open, seamless global network to enable you to buy, sell, store and spend digital assets simply, safely and efficiently.
Backed by Intercontinental Exchange’s proven financial market infrastructure and technology, Bakkt’s secure global platform will connect investors, merchants and consumers, making it easier, faster and more cost-effective to access, trade and use digital assets. Bakkt’s open-source, neutral platform will be designed to meet applicable regulatory requirements, and to support innovation around digital assets and blockchain applications.
An overview of the role:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will develop platform capabilities at Bakkt. You will provide full stack development expertise and leadership, managing a sprint team and building out a full suite of products. In this role you will work closely with product teams to understand customer preferences and business requirements – analyzing options, documenting specifications, and implementing decisions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide full stack development leadership and expertise across a suite of products
- Analyze, design, implement, test and support production business applications
- Work closely with stakeholders in the payments and blockchain space to understand business and functional requirements
- Ensure technology solutions align with business requirements and create technical documentation to present design proposals and explain architectural decisions
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth
Required skills & experience:
- 5+ years as a full stack Java developer in Java/J2EE with React JS and Node JS experience
- Proficient in npm, yern, HTML5, CSS 3, Git, JBOSS-EAP, Spring Boot / Cloud
- Expertise in Persistence Technologies such as Spring Data, Hibernate, JPA, and JDBC
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a highly-technical customer focused service environment
- Experience in Azure cloud and Azure API Gateway management tool
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Experience working with financial services products such as payments, blockchain, and retail loyalty systems