Job type: Full-time
Experience level: 1+ years experience
Role: Decentralized database + blockchain development
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada or Remote
Do you appreciate solving real engineering problems using algorithms, performance optimizations, scaling and distributed systems? Are you able to take initiative and proactively propose your own approaches or methods for solving challenging problems? Do you enjoy continually learning new technologies, industries and software patterns?
We’re using C++ so obviously we’re serious about performance and scaling in creating the next generation dApp-focused database. If you want to be challenged to think about how to design, develop and scale solutions that implement decentralized database, blockchain and swarming then we may have an opportunity for you to apply your engineering passion.
We’re a supportive and nurturing environment for those that are team players (no egos!), open communicators, conscientious employees, and passionate engineers.
Required skills & experience:
- Must be able to write elegant code.
- Utilizes TDD coding approach
- Evangelize best practices in software development
- Help others around you grow as developers and be successful
- Participation in detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Participate in planning, estimation, progress tracking, and daily scrums
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Modern C++ (At LEAST C++ 11 and ideally 14 or 17)
- Networking with P2P or client/server application
If you have the above, we’re looking for strength in one or more of the following:
- Nice to have: Experience with Boost
- Expertise using design patterns and algorithms
- Nice to have: Knowledge of database building fundamentals
- Nice to have: Knowledge of interacting of decentralization and blockchain fundamentals
- Ability to work self-manage and work remotely
- Be available to work within our Pacific Standard Time core hours
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or experience in lieu of
- We stay lean and leverage technical best practices across the board
- We all work remotely and stay connected via slack – a flexible lifestyle that supports your personal work approach – plus we also do company events at least once a month.
- We provide a home office allowance to help you build out your personal workspace
- We offer vacation and sick paid leave, but if you’d like you can also take your job with you and bank your vacation days – as long as you coordinate with your team lead
- Salary and optional stock options and/or crypto currency
- More benefits (gym membership, flex benefits, etc.) are being developed so stay tuned!