Job type: Full-time
Experience level: 2+ years experience
Role: Blockchain / Distributed Ledger Solutions Development
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to discover new technologies and expand your skills. Do you want to be part of a highly talented team working with new and emerging technologies new business models that improve people’s lives? IBM Global Business Services is looking for Blockchain Developers with experience in one or more of the Blockchain technology platforms, such as Hyperledger Fabric or Ethereum to join our innovative team.
As our customer’s needs grow and change, IBM is committed to developing a workforce that can grow and change accordingly. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, flexible team members who will embrace the opportunity, take ownership and want to be at the forefront of driving change in a working environment that enables smarter, collaborative, fact-based decisions, improves productivity and efficiency, and drives results while working in a dynamic team environment.
An overview of the role:
As a Blockchain Application Developer at IBM, you’ll team with some of the best minds in the industry to create innovative high-quality solutions focused on clients’ business needs. You’ll do this using your systems knowledge and expertise to design and model applications, develop application solutions, and integrate them with packaged or legacy applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyze the problem from a business and IT perspective
- Help gather requirements for the proposed business solution
- Help conceptualize and develop relevant use cases for client engagements: proof-of-concepts (POC), proof-of-value (POV), and production deployments
- Design and develop exciting new innovative solutions with Blockchain / Distributed Ledger technologies (IBM and non-IBM)
- Lead development activities for the blockchain development team
- Testing and deploying a Blockchain solution through all phases of a development life cycle
- Assist with deployment of the application
- Keep abreast of new technologies in the Blockchain space
- Interact with the client and team to build solutions
- Mentor junior developer
Required skills & experience:
- At least 2 years of experience working with Angular 2+
- At least 2 year of experience working with Docker
- At least 2 years of experience working with DevOp tools such as Jenkins, etc
- At least 2 years of experience working with Unix Scripting
- At least 1 year of experience with cryptography and public key infrastructure (PKI)
- At least 6 months experience developing Blockchain applications or proof-of-concepts (POCs) using Hyperledger Fabric or Ethereum or other blockchain platforms
- Min 5 years with development process
- Min 4 years in an industry developing software
- Min 2 years Developing prototypes and proof of concept
- Min 2 years developing distributed applications and API integration
- Min 3 years using versioning tools (Github)
- Min 2 years working in Agile/Scrum
- Min 4 years in database technologies (e.g. NoSQL DB such as Couch DB or MongoDB/RDBMS such as DB2 or Oracle)
- Demonstrated ability to mentor or lead team members on projects (if you held a ‘lead’ role you would have lead a team of at least 1 or 2 people, not a large team. If you were on a large team, you may have been part of the team but not necessarily the ‘lead’)
- You will have experience with Proof of Concept (POC) or a Minimal Viable Product (MVP) project.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.