As an Application Developer within Innovation and Technology at RBC, you bring the ability to effectively provide development, testing, release and support activities on strategic initiatives to various business functions within our Blockchain Center of Excellence (CoE). We are looking for a Java, Go and/or Node.js Application Developer to join our Blockchain CoE.
What will you do?
- Join the RBC Blockchain CoE team and become a core contributor to RBC blockchain development
- Involved in development, testing, release, and support and maintenance activities of internal / external web applications using Java, Go, Node.js, Express, Angular 2+
- Work in a small team with startup mentality to write high quality blockchain code
- Use various techniques and tools to deliver strategic technical solutions to match business requirements and project life cycle deliverables.
- Focus on component reusability, data sharing and security while complying with the standards and processes set within the Enterprise
- Provide structure to development activities following proper Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (mostly Agile).
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of different approaches
- Collaborate with the Development team, Project Managers, Production Support team and Business on day to day development requests and support
- Integration and regression testing of code builds and merges
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of development experience
- Experience in application design, development, integration, performance measurement and tuning
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience with Java, Go and/or Node.js
- Experience with NoSQL (CouchDB and/or MongoDB)
- Experience with distributed computing
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to Agile preferred
- Angular 2+ UI/UX Experience
- Peer-to-Peer Distributed Computing
- Exposure to blockchain development
- Experience with DevOps tools and techniques
- Experience with containers and management of containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
Whats in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- You will work directly on the exciting technologies enabling blockchain
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canadas largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North Americas leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.