VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
The Blockchain team at VMware focuses on an emerging technology that promises to change the world we live in. With VMware’s vast experience in building highly trusted distributed systems and security products, this team will build upon existing advanced research and will look to partner with key Office of the CTO stakeholders.
Job Role and Responsibilities
As a member of the VMware Blockchain team, you will be play an active role in
Come be a part of a team of highly skilled engineers proactively participating in advancing blockchain technology to provide the most secure, reliable, and scalable blockchain platforms.
- Contributing to the implementation of a blockchain environment including but not limited to the consensus layer, distributed ledger, and smart contracts layer. This could include dealing with the data layer, the security layer, or a distributed network layer.
- Supporting to the implementation of a SaaS service that manages and monitors blockchain replica
- Managing the implementation of a deployment service that deploys blockchain replicas across clouds
- Effectively collaborating with other engineers to solve complex problems.
- Assisting with debugging and verification of defects in your own and others’ work.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Prior Blockchain experience in an internship or academic research setting.
- An unquenchable passion for innovation, generating new ideas, and sharing what you have learned to benefit others.
- You possess strong programming skills in at least one modern programming language: Go, Ruby, JS as well as a solid foundation with C, C++, Java or another similar programming language.
- You have a track record of collaboration, ideally across multiple time zones and geographies.