Do you have a passion for coding on cutting edge technology? Are you self-motivated and seek to explore new technologies? Are you ready to take your Blockchain technology expertise to the next level?
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is hiring strong Developers who develop custom technical solutions to solve clients problems in various industries on one or more of the Blockchain Technology platforms, such as Hyperledger, Ethereum, Corda,
- Solve new problems. Working in blockchain means solving technical problems that have not been solved before. You will develop innovative solutions in distributed ledger technology and become well-versed in new technologies in the evolving blockchain space.
- L earn fast a nd t hink big. You will have to pick up new technologies as neededandunderstand business problems across industries (supply chain, financial services, public sector). Almost every blockchain solution is only one piece of a much bigger picture; you will be tuned into the micro details and the macro vision
We are looking for Developers who live in the New York City, Dallas, and Baton Rouge areas, however we are open to candidates in who live within a 50 mile radius to a major metro airport. You will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients and will be required to travel up to 75%.
Global Business Services helps leaders transform their businesses with dedicated expertise in eighteen industries. Around the world, IBMers’ expertise in advanced research, analytics and technology helps clients envision the future and succeed. It’s exciting work to innovate with others and make the world work better-and a great opportunity for you. At IBM, the candidate will help us make markets by transforming industries and professions with data. They will work to remake enterprise IT for the era of cloud, enable ‘systems of engagement’ for enterprises, and lead by example. Don’t join a consulting firm, join IBM.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
• CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP*
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
adaytorefer IWDGBS18 IWD18&A
• Required Technical and Professional Expertise*
- At least 2 years of experience in designing, building, and supporting application systems
- At least 2 years of experience in four of the following categories at minimum:
- Back-end: Nodejs, Golang, Java, Python
- Version Control: Git, SVN
- Database : SQL (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL), NoSQL/Graph (Mongodb, Couchdb, Neo4J)
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Continuous Integration (Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Cloud-based platforms: AWS, GCP, IBMCloud
- Distributed System Architecture: microservices, SOA, sub/pub messaging, event streaming
- Familiarity with code and architecture design principles (clean code, RESTful APIs, SOLID, object-oriented vs functional, microservices vs. monolith, etc)
- Some experience developing Blockchain applications using Hyperledger, Ethereum Solidity, Corda, Ripple or other proprietary language and APIs.
• Preferred Tech and Prof Experience*
- 5 years of experience developing applications using cloud based platforms/micro-services
- Involvement in developer community groups
• EO Statement*
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Associated topics: business analysis, business intelligence, business systems, business systems analyst, client, consultant, crm, market, senior consultant, support analyst