JAs an Ethereum Blockchain Developer for You42, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the performance, integrity, and security of the U42 Token Service as well as developing and implementing new features for the service. You will work in conjunction with You42 Platform developers to integrate new token-based feature sets into the You42 platform. This includes, but is not limited to, developing new smart contracts, extending the capabilities of the service layer, ensuring compliance with all regulations and best practices, and delivering high-quality well-tested code that is scalable and maintainable at enterprise standards. You will also become an integral part of the development team for the You42 Platform and services.
You42 is a social entertainment venue designed around a decentralized ecosystem where creators can engage with fans like never before. You42 is a revolutionary social entertainment platform putting artists and fans in control like never before, enabling new levels of discoverability and success. The platform serves as a venue for distribution, content creation, collaboration and consumption. You42 brings content creators and consumers together, giving creators a new avenue for monetization, and providing rewards and incentives for users. Users can interact through social, music, video, gaming and more, bringing together a variety of consumers.
Tasks may include:
- Roadmap feature expansion on the token service
- QA token mechanics
- Develop, build, and maintain Ethereum smart contracts as needed.
- Define blockchain systems architecture and best practices.
- Deliver high quality, well-tested code based on requirements.
- Design efficient, scalable and maintainable code according to specifications.
- Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications.
- Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Collaborate effectively with other staff and teams to solve complex problems.
- Experience with NodeJS and common packages and patterns for building reliable services
- Experience building and maintaining a REST API
- Experience building and automating test suites (for APIs and for Ethereum smart contracts)
- Experience with Ethereum and generalized blockchain.
- Experience with Solidity and related tools (truffle, geth).
- Familiarity with ERC20 token standard.
- Understanding of transaction scripting and smart contracts.
- Working knowledge of cryptographic libraries, concepts, and principles.
- Understanding of Blockchain core logic and future including data privacy, confidential transactions, side chains and pegging, sharding, lightning, and other scaling methodologies.
- Exposure with Agile development, techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with designing and building highly available and scalable applications in AWS or a comparable cloud-based solution.
- Experience with AWS Products such as Data Lake, Kinesis S3 Firehouse, Cloud Storage S3, Cloud Functions, RDS MariaDB, EC2, ECS and/or Lamda required.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills an absolute must.
- Able to prioritize and work on complex issues with minimal supervision – self-starter.
- Proficient in both Windows and Linux.
- 4+ years of software development experience as part of a development team.
- 2+ years with Cloud Platform using AWS or comparable cloud-based solutions.
- 1+ years of professional experience working with a production blockchain service.