We’re a network of collaborative, curious, tech-savvy leaders working at the forefront of Financial Services and FinTech transformation, enabling ATB to become more than a bank.
If you’re excited about AI and machine learning, big data, blockchain, robotics, compelling CX, digital development, IT, innovation and more and you’re looking for an award-winning organization where you can use your talents to roll out world-leading platforms and products… well, we can’t wait to meet you!
To learn more about our work and the transformative projects we have
In Digital we are on a journey building
- Contribute to the delivery of high-quality, sustainable software that enhance ATB’s digital solutions, in alignment with ATB’s digital banking and customer experience strategies
- Closely collaborate with others in a squad model with peers and supporting business areas
- Be a champion for ATB’s software development lifecycle (SDLC) and processes supporting continuous delivery
- Contribute to proper development practices, including creating and maintaining documentation, adhering to change management requirements and quality standards
- Challenge the status quo and seek out opportunities to build simpler, smarter tools
- Advance your knowledge and skills, actively seeking out learning opportunities and sharing knowledge with others, mentoring others when appropriate
- Continuously assess new technology and emerging delivery methodology trends and make recommendations to the leadership team for review
- Provide on-call support when required in a rotational basis within the team
- Adapt to change and work in an agile manner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
As the ideal candidate you possess the following:
- Experience designing and building components within a microservices architecture
- Experience developing web applications using modern frameworks, programming languages and technologies such as:
- And/or experience implementing solutions to consume and expose API’s with programming languages such as:
- or similar languages
- And/or experience developing and maintaining automated test suites for these solutions using:
- IntelliJ with TestNG and Selenium WebDriver in Java.
- SmartBear SoapUI NG Pro.
- or similar tools
- Knowledge of running and deploying applications to Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies
- Proven experience with databases (SQL Server, DB2, MySQL,etc.)
- Solid understanding of various development processes/tools including continuous delivery, branching strategies, code reviews, Jenkins, SVN, GIT
- Experience with Test Driven Development, modular test automation frameworks and knowledge of Page Object Model
- Knowledge of security best practices as it relates to software development and operational support
- Knowledge of software patterns such as MVC, Builder, Factories, Singleton
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, along with supporting tools and practices, such as Jenkins, DevOps, Test Driven Development and Agile
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Slack, G-Suite, JIRA, Confluence and others
- Proven experience in a technology related position or field is an asset, but above everything else curiosity, hunger, inquisitiveness and passion are required!
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- You focus on impact over hard work: tangible, measurable results and creating value for team members and customers alike are our goals
- You love to solve tough problems, together: no one said transforming banking was going to be easy. Collaboration is key and we’re collectively reimagining it as a team
- You operate with a mentality of Build-Measure-Learn: like any top tech company, agile frameworks and applied lean methodologies are mindsets we apply to our daily routines. We love data and KPIs. We move fast, we embrace mistakes, and we learn and grow as a result.
- You’re an exponential thinker, focused on 10X: if something doesn’t have significant impact, you are the person to challenge whether or not it’s worth doing
- You do it with passion: you’re inspired by purpose and by our shared vision and mission
As a team member with the Transformation team at ATB, you can expect:
- Each day will be different! We’re learning, iterating and taking big steps toward our vision of transforming an entire industry, every day
- The ability to grow a career within an inspiring, impact focused culture where you are surrounded by changemakers and leaders that empower you to use your unique voice
- An excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in tech and innovation
- Amazing benefits for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments needs.
- To be a part of an award-winning, inclusive and diverse employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans.
If you want to know more, read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Special conditions: Please note that this temporary role is scheduled to end on April 15, 2020.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.