Gemini is looking for a New York based Data Engineer with senior level experience. The ideal candidate would have experience with Python, ETL, Java, and Apache-Kafka.
As a member of our data engineering team, you’ll shape the way we approach data at Gemini by using your engineering, analytical and communication skills to work with teams across the business. You know how to ask the right questions and are passionate about using data to support and drive informed business decisions. You’ll guide our internal teams to use data to improve the product and achieve KPIs. Communicating your insights with leaders across the organization is paramount to success.
- Design, build, and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines into production
- Design and implement warehousing solutions to scale with the needs of the business
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the team to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Partner with engineers, project managers, and analysts to deliver insights to the business
- 4+ years experience in data engineering with data warehouse technology
- 4+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 4+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Strong SQL skills on multiple platform
- Skilled in programming languages Python, R, and/or Java
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills in any server side language, preferable Python
- Kafka, Cloud computing, machine learning, text analysis, NLP & Web development experience is a plus
- NoSQL experience a plus
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment
- Experienced in working collaboratively across different teams and departments
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets, banking or exchanges
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a next generation digital asset exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets such as bitcoin and ether. Gemini is a New York trust company that is held to the highest level of fiduciary obligations, capital reserve requirements, and banking compliance standards. Gemini was founded in 2014, by brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, to build a bridge to the future of money.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission! For more information, visit Gemini.com.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Profit Share Interests
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits
- 401k match contribution
- Flexible hours
- Wellness outings
- Snacks & other perks