We currently have career opportunities for Blockchain Developer / Architect in our Toronto IT Advisory Services team. The individuals
This position falls within our IT Advisory team, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of Operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value-driven, decision support and analytics.
Your key responsibilities
As a Blockchain Developer/Architect, you’ll participate in project teams through all phases of the technology enablement life cycle. Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements. Advise clients on a variety of business process services that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization’s capabilities. Team with client technology professionals, and/or third-party strategic alliances to provide an implementation of technology solutions. Participate in engagement management, engagement execution and reporting, and client relationship building and management. Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-80%.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills, must be a team player and comfortable with scrum / Agile methodologies
To qualify for the role you must have
- 3-5 years of professional experience in development of enterprise applications and / or decentralized peer-to-peer applications
- Knowledge of Blockchain technology and concepts
- Ethereum specific knowledge will be an added advantage: Go, Solidity (Ethereum), and experience with Mist wallet, Mix IDE, and open-source Ethereum clients
- Cryptographic techniques such as hash, symmetric-key encryption, public-key encryption etc.
- RDBMS concepts, SQL, NoSQL databases
- GitHub and IDE environments (Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA and others)
- Strong knowledge of Unix, Linux environments
- Cloud infrastructure management on MS Azure, Amazon AWS, IBM BlueMix etc.
- General system and network administration skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A high level of motivation, strong work ethic
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming –
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you