Job type: Full-time
Experience level: 2+ years experience
Role: Software Development, C++, Java
Location: New York City, NY, USA or Atlanta, GA, USA
Bakkt is building an open, seamless global network to enable you to buy, sell, store and spend digital assets simply, safely and efficiently.
Backed by Intercontinental Exchange’s proven financial market infrastructure and technology, Bakkt’s secure global platform will connect investors, merchants and consumers, making it easier, faster and more cost-effective to access, trade and use digital assets. Bakkt’s open-source, neutral platform will be designed to meet applicable regulatory requirements, and to support innovation around digital assets and blockchain applications.
An overview of the role:
As a developer on the Blockchain Engineering team you will create products and services that interface with public, private and permissioned blockchains. You will develop applications that build upon Bakkt’s proprietary wallet infrastructure, create services that read from and write to blockchains, and implement systems that secure and safeguard digital assets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop and implement key system and application architecture components that support the creation, transfer, and storage of digital assets
- Build products that can interface with a variety of blockchain consensus mechanisms such proof of work, proof of stake, and delegated byzantine fault tolerance.
- Develop products that incorporate advanced private key and wallet components such as multi-sig, key sharding, and hardware security modules
- Develop and implement software modules which integrate with various internal and external wallet systems
- Diagnose and resolve system issues in production and external customer facing environments
Required skills & experience:
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar
- 2+ years’ experience developing with C++, Java and other programming languages in context of developing enterprise systems
- Experience work with decentralized systems and cryptocurrency protocols such as Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure protection mechanisms, HSM technology, and cryptographic protocols
- Strong written and verbal communications skills