BloomSky is a fast-paced growth start-up driven by disruptive technology designed for a smarter weather industry. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in California, BloomSky is a leader in revolutionizing the hyperlocal weather data mining, sharing and application solutions. BloomSky offers innovative weather IoT products and services in hardware, software and big data platform utilizing inventive tools in machine learning and blockchain. Our goal is to expand our smart weather ecosystem to help individuals and businesses benefit from accurate and intelligent weather information.
Our team is powered by a young group of award-winning product designers, data engineers, disruptive meteorologists and business minds who are energetic and passionate about IoT innovation as a whole. We’d love to hear from you…
We are looking for a proven Backend Engineer, who will develop and implement data-intensive products and softwares. You will work in a collaborative environment to apply big data skills, to help design and implement core components of our weather data platform.
- Create and develop data pipelines and products
- Automate model deployment process, optimize data delivery and improve data infrastructure for great scalability
- Ensure excellence in delivery to internal and external customers
- Keep data separated and secure through multiple data centers
- 1+ years hands-on work experience in designing and building large-scale data applications and pipelines that are well-designed, cleanly coded, well-documented, operationally stable, and timely delivered
- Proficiency with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, RESTful API and SQL
- Experience with Python data analysis libraries, Spark MLlib and deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch) is a plus
- Solid software engineering skills with proficiency in Python, Scala, Java, C/C++
- MS in Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- Pay is competitive, and commensurate with experience
- Health insurance, 401k, accrued PTO, Paid sick leave
- All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disabilities, medical condition, age, or marital status.